Shamans recognize the interconnectedness of all people, all creatures, and the earth itself. As you go deeper into shamanic practice and personal transformation, you may find yourself feeling compelled to look outward at the challenges facing society and more determined to serve others in tangible ways.
The following are charities that my wife, Pat, and I support individually, through The Greer Foundation, or through the Carl and Pat Greer Donor Advised Fund. I encourage you to learn more about them and consider working with them or contributing to them in order to improve the lives of the people they serve.
100 percent of the author’s proceeds from the sales of Carl Greer’s books Change Your Story, Change Your Life and Change the Story of Your Health go to various charities via The Greer Foundation.
About the Greer Foundation
The mission of the Greer Foundation is to support programs that:
- Address the root causes of violence, poverty, and social injustice
- Protect the earth
- Promote effective healthcare including psychological health and alternative medicine
- Provide disadvantaged youth with education and employment opportunities
- Help women and children who are victims of domestic violence
- Offer emergency assistance and legal support to people in need
To find out more about our current grantees, click or press on the logos in the boxes:
The Greer Foundation also has scholarship programs: Greer Scholars and the Tichenor-Greer Scholars. Both fund educational opportunities for minority and economically disadvantaged youth who might not otherwise have access to higher education. The Greer Foundation provides grants to higher educational institutions and nonprofit organizations that offer scholarships for students to attend college, trade school, or certificate programs with a focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM). Scholarship programs are administered by the grantee organizations, and they select eligible students to be Greer Scholars.
The following organizations currently participate in the Greer Scholars or Tichenor-Greer Scholars Programs.
- Chestnut Hill College, Tichenor-Greer Scholars Program
- Lehigh University, Greer Scholars Program
- Mercy Home for Boys and Girls, Greer Scholars Program
- Glenwood Academy, Greer Scholars Program
- The Lighthouse Church of All Nations, Greer Scholars Program
- The Experimental Station, Greer Scholars Program
- Mujeres Latinas en Acción, Greer Scholars Program
- Unite the World With Africa, Greer Scholars Program
- Northwestern University, Greer Scholars Program
- Chicago Lights, Greer Scholars Program