Family Shelter Service, located in Wheaton, Illinois, offers help and hope for victims of domestic violence and works to create a community that is safe for all. It also provides culturally appropriate services for Latino victims of violence.
- 24-hour hotline staffed by counselors trained to help people dealing with domestic violence
- Counseling to empower people to make informed decisions regarding their needs
- Shelters that provide a safe and supportive environment for physical and emotional healing
- Court advocates who provide support and information about legal remedies for those affected by domestic violence
- Children’s programs to help children to heal and to find healthy ways to cope with their family’s experiences
- Community education and prevention