Friends of Sarnelli House was set up to support the work of Sarnelli House, an orphanage for children who have HIV/AIDS, located in Don Wai, Thailand. Sarnelli House opened in October 2000 and was built with donations from the Redemptorist’s Priests Foundation of Thailand, a Catholic religious order. Up to 70 children can live at the orphanage at any one time. They receive shelter, education, and healthcare, including antiretroviral (ARV) medications.
The name “Sarnelli House” is also the umbrella name for projects coordinated by the Redemptorist’s Priests Foundation in the province of Nong Khai in northeast Thailand, which include:
- Nazareth House, a home in Don Wai for teenage girls with HIV/AIDS
- St. Patrick’s Boys Home, a home in Pi Si Tong for abandoned and orphaned boys
- Jan and Oscar House, a home in Pi Si Tong for teenage boys
- House of Hope, a home in Pi Si Tong for babies and toddlers
- Our Lady of Refuge Home for Girls, a home in Viengkhuk for abandoned and orphaned girls
- Outreach program that provides home visits and support for people living with HIV/AIDS