The mission of the People’s Resource Center community is to respond to basic human needs, promote dignity and justice, and create a future of hope and opportunity for the residents of DuPage County, IL, through helping them to discover and share personal and community resources.
People’s Resource Center provides a lifeline to people in crisis through assistance from our social services programs. These include:
- Food pantry
- Emergency rent and mortgage assistance
- Clothes Closet
- Financial assistance and social services
PRC also offers programs to promote self-sufficiency that include:
- Education—GED and citizenship exam preparation, tutoring, and summer science programs for children
- Computer access and training—computer classes, computer equipment for families, and free repairs
- Job assistance and guidance
- Art classes to help participants develop confidence and self-esteem
Sign up for announcements
Receive the latest announcements from Carl Greer and a FREE audio guided visualization, "Healing with the Help of the Earth," from Change the Story of Your Health.
Change the Story of Your Health
Using Shamanic and Jungian Techniques for Healing. Winner of 4 book awards and a bestseller.
"The kind of book that could be life-changing and truly healing." - New Spirit Journal
Change Your Story, Change Your Life
Winner of 3 book awards and a bestseller.
"Much more than a 'quick fix' self-help book, containing a profound range of tools and exercises. Articulate and easily understandable, Change Your Story, Change Your Life provides an excellent inspirational guide to personal transformation." - Indie Shaman