Connections for Abused Women and their Children
Connections for Abused Women and Their Children is a Chicago nonprofit committed to ending domestic violence. Using a self-help, empowerment approach, CAWC provides shelter for women and children, as well as counseling, advocacy, and a 24-hour hotline for people affected by domestic violence. CAWC works for social change through education, service collaboration, and institutional advocacy.
To help abused women and their children, the bilingual and culturally diverse staff at CWAC provides help through a variety of programs and confidential services, free of charge.
Victims of domestic violence can receive:
- Emergency shelter
- Individual and group counseling
- Life skills training in goal setting, budgeting, and safety planning
- Housing, income, employment, and educational information
- Legal advocacy including court orders and immigration
- Specialized services for children who have witnessed domestic violence to help break the cycle of violence in families